If this past year has shown us anything, it has illustrated that supporting our local retailers & manufacturers, is more important than ever before. There is no doubt that most small retailers took a big, unexpected hit in 2020. One of the positive results of this has been a rallying cry to circle the wagons and support our beloved hometowns.
The innate need that many of us have to feel connected to our communities has bolstered the trend of consumers to seek out American made brands and products that evoke the emotion of comradery felt when banding together for a common goal. This in turn has led to the growing trend to celebrate our roots and show off our hometown pride with products featuring the name or imagery of Main Streets across America.
NEST is proud to represent some of the most respected US made brands in the industry, many of which offer custom products designed to your specifications. Ornaments from Beacon Designs can be as simple as adding the name of your town to their existing styles or can be custom created to depict a unique feature of your area like distinct architecture or a gathering place that everyone loves. Lantern Press offers a wide range of products and an enormous gallery of images that can be printed on them. Ace USA specializes in screen printed apparel, embroidered hats & printed drinkware that can all be customized for your specific store needs. In addition, NEST also represents many small US makers. Coblentz Chocolates, Down to Earth Pottery & Our Back Porch Candle Co., are all great examples of small companies that hand make every item they sell right in our own backyards.
In addition to all the warm, fuzzy feelings that buying American made products and supporting your hometown gives, it does so much more. Buying US made goods not only creates immediate jobs, it also continues to create jobs for future generations. It strengthens American independence by relying less on imported goods. It helps strengthen our local economies, lowers our carbon footprint, and helps preserve the future of small-town USA.
In short, jumping on this growing trend is a win for everyone: retailers, consumers, small towns and our whole country!
Check out this list of Made in the USA brands that NEST represents:
- Ace USA - Custom printed apparel & accessories.
- Beacon Designs – Custom & name-dropped ornaments.
- Cardthartic - Heartfelt greeting cards for all occasions.
- Coblentz Chocolates - Delicious handcrafted sweets
- Dolly Estelle – Friendly barnyard animal dish towels.
- Down to Earth Pottery - Our #1 selling line 10 years and counting.
- Lantern Press – Custom printed souvenirs, gifts & apparel.
- Leanin' Tree – Voted #1 greeting card line in Giftbeat Magazine for 15 years.
- Left Hand Studios – Colorful laser cut jewelry.
- Leightworks – Handcrafted artisan jewelry.
- Mariasch Studios - Custom printed linens & apparel.
- The Naked Bee – Natural bath & body care products.
- New York Puzzle Co. - Fabulous vintage & licensed puzzles..
- Our Back Porch Candle Co. - Hand poured soy candles.
- Pop's Kettle Korn – Gourmet kettle popped corn.
- R. Nichols – Greeting cards, paper products & luggage tags.
- San Francisco Soap Co. – Bath & body care products for the whole family.
- Sellers Publishing - A complete line of greeting cards, calendars & books.
- Silver Forest – Voted #1 Jewelry line in Giftbeat Magazine.
- SJT Enterprises - Custom printed wood signs, magnets & coasters.
- Solevy Co. Brands - Natural bath & body care products for humans & pets.
- Swan Creek Candle Co. – Fragrant soy wax candles.
- Wind & Willow – Gourmet dip, soup & cheeseball mix.
- Wordz in Framez – Handcrafted signs using vintage style game tiles.
- World's Softest Socks - Feeling is believing!
- Jewelry by Zhelaine – Handcrafted semi-precious stone jewelry.